Royalty Tours USA

Friday, February 19, 2010

Another weekend has arrived and royalty is ready to make the most of it!

Last Friday morning before I got to work my plan for this weekend was to take it "easy" if you will.

In other words, I wasn't planning on leaving the New York City area except to go the IZOD Center tonight and Sunday to see the lowly Nets play.

In addition, I was looking to see Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder come to the Garden to take on the now "new look" Knicks tomorrow night.

Upon arriving in the office that day, things changed. Once I was able to access the internet, a tool that didn't exist back in the day, I stumbled across an opportunity that I wasn't aware of.

I said to myself, I have to seize it. In true form, I did just that.

I found out that there's going to be an Outdoor minor league hockey game in Syracuse, NY at the NY State Fairgrounds between the Syracuse Crunch, who are affilliated with the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Binghamton Senators, the Ottawa Senators farm team at 1PM.

Then I checked out schedules for other games that would in driving distance that night. I noticed that Elmira which is 90 miles away were scheduled to play a game at 7:35PM.

So I said to myself, that's perfect. I'm going.

During lunch, I secured tickets through Ticketmaster for the Outdoor Classic. I had already rented a car from Avis for the weekend so I would have the wheels to get there and back with no hassles.

Sure enough on my way to work today I picked up a nice new Pontiac G6 equipped with XM radio to boot. Life of royalty has its privileges. Needless to say, I'm loving my life these days.

After work, I will go back into Queens to pick up the car and my adventurous weekend will start. First I have to go to pick up the King. Then we have to meet our friend Larry Peim who will be joining us as well. After that it's off to the IZOD Center to see the Toronto Raptors play the New Jersey Nets at 8PM.

After the game, we'll be driving to Dunmore, PA which is halfway to Syracuse so we can a good night's sleep at Days Inn. We will have a nice continental breakfast as well before we continue on our way to the NY State Fairgrounds.

Check back next week for the recap of the weekend.

No comments: