Royalty Tours USA

Monday, February 15, 2010

Visit to Glens Falls, NY Home of the Adirondack Phantoms






On our way back from Montreal, Canada we stopped in Glens Falls, NY. That is about 40 miles North of Albany, the state capital of New York in case you didn't know. Royal treatment is beneficial in more ways than one. We always aim to please and educate as well.

We saw the Wilkes-Barre Penguins play the Adirondack Phantoms who previously played in Philadelphia at the old Spectrum. The last time Royalty was seen in Glens Falls for a hockey game was back in 1998.

They haven't had a team there in quite some time. As for getting tickets, once again we didn't have any. Thanks to Jim Lowry, an older gentleman whom we met in Philadelphia at Citizens Bank Park since he operates the elevator there we got to know him. He also works the freight elevator at the Wachovia Center, which is the home of the Flyers as well as the 76ers.

He told us he will get us tickets if and when we go to see the Adirondack Phantoms play in Glens Falls. True to his word, Jim came through. He wound up leaving us 3 tickets for the game in my name. I went up to the Will Call window and showed my identification and the lady at the window gave me an envelope. I opened and there were 3 tickets for us to use.

Jim was originally supposed to be joining us for the weekend. Unfortuately mother nature dumped a ton of snow on Philadelphia and points South so Jim wound up having to work. I would like to give Jim a big thank you for arranging to have the tickets left in my name. That was a very nice gesture on his part and royalty is very grateful to know such a kind human being. Jim has himself experienced what royalty is all about firsthand.

I made sure he got to go to new Yankee Stadium for a playoff game no less against the Twins since he had told me he was a Yankee fan and he wanted to get there. I told him I'll make it happen. Sure enough I did. He took a Greyhound bus to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan. I met him after work and took him with me to the game.

Previously in July, he joined us for his first visit to Fenway Park. As he said and I quote "he had a blast". Jim has bigger plans for this year. Unfortunately things didn't work out for him this time. But he's looking forward to making some more trips in May and July. We're very much looking forward to having him aboard on these adventures.

As for the game, the visiting Penguins wound up winning 4-3! The game was scoreless in the 1st period. In the 2nd, each team got a goal. The 3rd period goals were scored in bunches. The Phantoms got the last one late with 30 seconds to pull within 4-3 but after icing the puck twice in the last 30 seconds of the game, that's how it ended.

No comments: