Royalty Tours USA

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Special Guests I met at Citi Field 4/10

Ruben, Jeremy and Evan Brot
Today I received an unexpected treat when I was watching the Mets play the Nationals from my season seats in section 516 row 3.

I actually decided to sit in row 4 since there were a few empty seats.

After a few innings, I heard some people behind me talking about the game and baseball in general.

I decided to chime in with them. They were seated in row 5.

I wound up enjoying their company for the remainder of the game.

I took their picture as you can see above.

They were young kids all of the tender age of 16. I started to feel ancient and old.

I started thinking about what I was doing when I was their age back in 1984.

From left to right in the picture, there's Ruben, who said his mother works at Citi Field, followed by Jeremy in the middle and last but not least on the far right with the sunglasses on is Evan Brot.

Evan wound up playing the speed text game that they have between innings early in the game.

He responded the fastest to the question so he was the winner.

As a result, they showed him on the diamond vision scoreboard in centerfield. He won a limited edition pennant of Johan Santana.

I look forward to seeing these young kids at a future Met game.

Thanks to them, the Met loss was easier to swallow.

After all, it's about the experience. By going to the game, I was able to meet them.
With that being said, I'm very grateful for the opportunity.

Like the lottery, you have to be in it to win it.

Who will I unexpectedly meet in the future?

Time will tell.

Feel free to check in and see. Hey it could be you.

No comments: