Royalty Tours USA

Friday, June 4, 2010

Royalty gets a visit at Citi Field!

Bob Kelly, the King & I
On March 29, 2000 the King & I went to Japan to see the Mets open the season against the Chicago Cubs.

While we were there we met a couple, Dennis & Sue Kelly. They were originally from Long Island but they had moved to Irvine, California which is right outside Anaheim back in 1980.

We've seen each other a number of times over the years since.

Friday night at Citi Field we received a visit from Dennis Kelly's older brother, Bob Kelly who per Dennis' request stopped by to see the King & I.

We took this picture and I sent it to Dennis to prove Bob saw us.

Bob is from Virginia Beach, Virginia which is located near Norfolk.

Norfolk used to be the Mets Triple A affiliate. Needless to say, Bob was upset that they left.

Bob is an avid Met fan. He mentioned he was in Atlanta to see the Mets recently.

I remember meeting him when he joined Dennis & Sue to bid farewell to Shea Stadium, the Mets former home back in September 2008.

I want to thank Bob for making time to see us.

No comments: