Royalty Tours USA

Monday, August 30, 2010

Royalty sees Gio Gonzalez at Yankee Stadium!

Gio Gonzalez

The Oakland Athletics are in the Bronx playing the Yankees for 4 games.

I'm attending 3 of them before I go away to Seattle on Thursday morning.

I was wondering if I'll finally see Gio Gonzalez pitch in the major leagues in person.

I missed him here last year when he pitched on July 25, 2009 because I went to Fenway Park instead.

This year on July 3rd I was in Cleveland Gio pitched the night before.

On July 17th, I saw him in Kansas City Gio pitched the night before.

So you should know the answer.

Quite amazingly Gio pitched yesterday afternoon against the Rangers so he misses the Yankees altogether this time.

I did see him again in batting practice tonight but it wasn't an easy task.

I had to sneak by the ridiculous Yankee Stadium security guards who told me they were "doing their job" by giving me a hard time.

I still managed to get Gio to come over and sign a picture for me during BP even though he wasn't supposed to before I was forced to leave by the supervisor.

After I got chased away from the bullpen area on the lower level, I went by the foul pole and I found my way past security again and he signed my scorebook.

Gio is a class act. Everytime I've seen him he always comes over after batting practice to sign autographs for the kids.

I continue to follow his progress each start.

It should be noted every time I've missed him by a day he's pitched great the day or night before.

I probably won't see him again until next year so I expect the streak to continue then.

Gio is now 12-8 with a 3.23 ERA this season.

Keep up the great work, Gio!

You're the man in my book.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: