Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pike's Place Public Market in Seattle

Upon arriving at Sea-Tac airport at 2:15PM Pacific time, which is located around 15 miles from downtown Seattle and 15 miles from Tacoma hence the name, I went to Alamo to pick up my car rental.

I proceeded to drive to Federal Way which was heading south of the airport towards Tacoma to check into my Super 8 hotel around 3PM.

After I got situated, I drove back into downtown Seattle.

I called my friend Joey Kraft who I met last Halloween in Philadelphia at World Series Game 4 between the Yankees and the Phillies.

Joey had told me when we were talking that he was from Seattle.

I told him I hadn't been to Safeco Field since 1999. At that time, I didn't know when I was coming back to Seattle.

As the schedules came out, I noticed that Labor Day weekend shaped up to be a perfect opportunity.

Once I knew for sure I was coming I let Joey know.

With that being said, the time had finally arrived.

First and foremost, I want to personally thank Joey for making the time to see me.

His wife is expecting a baby at the end of the month so the timing worked out well.

In addition, he brought his nephew Alex with him. Alex is just 16 years old and he's a left handed pitcher who throws 88 MPH he said. I hope he has a bright future. He seemed like a nice young man.

We all met near Safeco Field at 4PM. I wound up leaving my car on the street for free.

Alex decided he wanted to go to the game and watch batting practice.

Joey drove me to the Pike's Place Public Market which was recommended to me by Kevin Feist from Burns, Oregon.

Joey and I wound up walking around the Public Market which is similar to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore.

I told Joey the King and I were here years ago.

The market is located right along the waterfront of Pudget Sound.

It's a beautiful area. You can see Safeco Field and Mt. Rainier in the distance amongst other great tourist attractions.

In the picture, you'll notice a fish being wrapped up for a customer.

It was thrown across the table when the person decided they wanted it.

It's a tradition that's been seen on TV during big sporting events according to Joey.

It was pretty cool to see the fish go flying.

After we walked around the market for a while, we decided to get some dinner there.

Stay tuned as I'll write a separate post regarding that.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: