Royalty Tours USA

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Royalty w/o 9/6 in review

Sunday night/Monday morning I flew back from Seattle on the redeye flight which connected in Philadelphia on US Airways. I finally arrived back at New York LaGuardia airport at 8:06AM. I proceeded to walk across the highway to go to my car which I parked in the neighborhood.

My goal was to get home as soon as possible so I could go rent a car and pick up the King and drive back to Philadelphia to see the Phillies play the Marlins in a day/night doubleheader.

I wound up getting home at 8:35AM. I took a shower and I ate some breakfast and off to Avis I went to pick up my car for the day. I got a Nissan Sentra.

I drove to Astoria to pick up the King at 10:30AM and off to Philadelphia we went. I parked the car on the street for free like I always do when I go to Philadelphia. I parked the car at 12:40PM.

We had plenty of time because the first game started at 1:05PM.

As for the first game, the Florida Marlins held the Phillies to just 3 hits as they cruised to an easy 7-1 victory.

Between games, we decided to go the Oregon Diner to have a nice dinner before going back to Citizens Bank park for the night game that started at 7:05PM.

The second game of the doubleheader went to the Phillies as they won, 7-4 to earn the split of the two games.

Tuesday morning I returned the car rental before I returned to work.

After work, I went to the Bronx to see the Yankees play the Baltimore Orioles. I was hoping to see a good game since CC Sabathia was pitching and he was looking for his 20th win of the season.

In the first inning, CC got hit hard. He gave up 3 runs. The Yankees added one in the bottom half of the first. After throwing a 1-2-3 second inning, CC gave up two more runs in the third inning when Nolan Reimold, the Orioles designated hitter hit a two run homer. The Orioles sailed to a 6-2 victory spoiling CC first attempt to win his 20th game.

It was the first time this season that CC lost a game at Yankee Stadium. He was 11-0 coming in. I guess he was due to lose a game in the Bronx.

Wednesday & Thursday I came home after work to catch up on much needed rest after having such a busy stretch over the Labor Day weekend.

Friday night I went to Citi Field after work to see the Phillies play the Mets. More importantly, I was told earlier in the week that Bob DeVries, a fellow ballpark chaser was going to be in attendance to support his 30 parks and a dream campaign. I'm going to do a special post regarding Bob and his heroic run to make people aware of a deadly disease called SADS.

As for the game, the Phillies beat the Mets, 8-4 behind their ace pitcher Roy Halladay who won his 18th game  of the season as the Phillies continue to fight for the division title as the baseball season winds down.

Saturday I went back to Citi Field to see the Mets play the Phillies again. As we all remember the tragic events that occurred on this day 9 years ago. I'll be doing a special post to reflect on the tragedy.

As for the game I saw, the Mets did their best to try to give the Phillies this game. They wound up hanging on for a 4-3 victory. Mike Pelfrey pitched well again as he gave up 2 runs over 7 and a third innings. The Mets spoiled the day for the Phillies despite some horrible base running that led to 2 different double plays on line drive outs to the outfield.

Sunday I went to see the "First Game" at the New Meadowlands Stadium as the Giants opened the regular season hosting the Carolina Panthers. The Giants wound up beating up the Panthers, 31-18.

I'm going to do a special post describing the details about the game I saw and the game experience.

Thank you for reading and  following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman                 

No comments: