Royalty Tours USA

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Deja Blue: Royalty relives Giant Sackfest on 9/30/07

If you saw and read my post regarding the Giants/Bears game on Sunday night then you'll understand and appreciate this follow up post.

I was tipped off by false reporting on a sports radio station yesterday.

I forgot who said it but in passing I heard a comment that the Giants/Bears game Sunday night reminded them of a "Monday night" Giants/Eagles game in the past.

I thought to myself I was probably there. Sure enough it hit me, I was.

Unlike the paid professionals, I knew they didn't play on a Monday night against the Eagles at Giants Stadium.

Being an astute observer of the game of football, I realized they meant a Sunday night game back in 2007.

Ironically, I was right and they were paid to be wrong. As the song goes, "that's just the way it is, some things will never change". The paid media always makes blatant mistakes. Who edits their work?

I'm human too but Royalty doesn't post false information. I do my best to research the facts if necessary to give you the right detail when I write a post.

With that being said, I decided to check back on week four in 2007.

As I thought, the Philadelphia Eagles played the Giants in primetime that night. The Giants wound up sacking Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb 12 times that night which tied an NFL record. The Giants won, 16-3!

Quite amazingly, Osi Umenyiora had half of them. In addition, he forced two fumbles.

Go to my post from this past Sunday night in week 4 and you'll read about Osi Umenyiora who had a mere 3 sacks and two forced fumbles.

How's that for a flashback? Here's some interesting notes from week 4 in 2007 & 2010.

They are as follows:

The Jets were in Buffalo both times too. In 2007, the Bills won that one, 17-14! This time the Jets won, 38-14!

The Monday night football game in 2007 that week was between the New England Patriots and the Cincinnati Bengals. The Pats won, 34-13! Last night on MNF, the Patriots squished the Fish, 41-14!

Donovan McNabb is still playing these days but he has a new team, the Washington Redskins who went to Philadelphia to haunt the Eagles, 17-12!

Combine those with the Giants "sackdown" and you have some amazing stories to tell on paper and on the field.

Is there anybody in the media getting paid to tell you that?

When you want the best service and information sources you know where to go.

Royalty is always here waiting for you when you're ready to react.

I just wanted to share this sports knowledge with the football fans who read my blog.

Even if you don't like sports, you can still appreciate the kind of effort and know how I bring to the table.

I write and speak from my unique experiences. I love to take trips that go back down memory lane.

Going forward, I think you should consult me so you can look back in time at the memories I helped provide.

Word to the wise, start saving up your money now so in the future you can get a taste of Royalty firsthand.

Thank you for reading.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: