Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Perfect "10" witnessed by Royalty on 10/10/10 at FedEx Field as Redskins win in OT, 16-13!


The Prince is in the house


















When the NFL schedule came out back in the middle of April I knew I needed to see one more Washington Redskin game at FedEx Field to make double figures. I looked at their schedule and I knew the only game that would work was against the Green Bay Packers in October. I was willing to potentially miss a baseball postseason game if necessary.

I didn't realize right away that the game that conveniently fit my busy schedule fell on 10/10/2010. Once that hit me I said to myself that's a perfect opportunity to see my 10th football game at FedEx Field which happens to be arguably the best football stadium in the NFL by royalty standards now that they've upgraded their scoreboards in both end zones to wide HD ones. That puts this place over the top. In addition, this venue has a real grass surface and it holds 91,000 people which includes a ring of honor and it has plenty of luxury boxes that blend in with the regular hard plastic team colored seats.  I know others may beg to differ but that's what distinguishes royalty from the rest.

Thankfully the Yankees swept the Twins so I was spared missing a potential Game 4 Sunday night in the Bronx. If they played so be it. I can't be everywhere. After all, royalty is human and doesn't have special powers to overcome reality. It is what it is. I didn't get a break during the week like the King did but I got one over the weekend instead.

With that being said, after the Yankee game the King and I took the long walk to the car and off we went down South. After getting a little less than six hours of sleep I was fresh as a daisy as I drove the King and I from Aberdeen, Maryland to Landover, Maryland where FedEx Field is located.

Thanks to my past experience traveling there, I knew exactly where I could park in a neighborhood for free and walk to the stadium which included walking through the nearby overpriced $40 Copper lot to get to the Stadium. Royalty not only cuts cost but gets exercise too. How can you beat that. I wound up parking the car around 11:25AM.

Our next order of business was to secure tickets to get into the game. We got to the outside of the gates to the stadium around 11:55AM. Shortly after noon, we were into the building.

Yours truly, wheeled and dealed and I got us two single tickets for $30 each. The face value of each was $79. I did real good.

It would have been perfect to pay just $10 given the uniqueness of the day but that wasn't meant to be.

As for the game we saw, we definitely got our money's worth. It was worth every penny we paid an then some.

The hometown Redskins wound up winning 16-13 in overtime, Hail Yeah!

The Green Bay Packers should have buried them but they missed out on numerous opportunities to capitalize in the Nation's Capitol so the Cheeseheads got melted instead.

Former Eagle quarter back Donovan McNabb lead the comeback as the Redskins overcame a 10 point deficit in the fourth quarter when he hit wide receiver Anthony Armstrong for a 48 yard touchdown pass to make it a three point game with 11 minutes and 35 seconds to go in the 4th quarter. Place kicker Graham Gano tied the game with 1:07 left when he kicked a 45 yard field goal to send the game into the extra session.

In overtime, with 8:06 left don't you know Graham Gano delivered again with the game winner from 33 yards out to give the Redskins the come from behind win! What a game it was.

A perfect ending to a perfect day.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman             

No comments: