Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Royalty goes to Michigan State to see the Spartans play Minnesota!

Michigan State University

















Upon arrival into Detroit on Delta Airlines, I rented a car for the weekend from Alamo to get us around.

I proceeded to drive 85 miles northwest to East Lansing, home of the Michigan State Spartans.

We could have went to the "Big House" which is in Ann Arbor, Michigan home of the blue and maize. They were playing at the same time. Royalty's been there done that on a few occasions so we decided we needed to do something different.

We wound up seeing the Spartans beat the Minnesota Golden Gophers, 31-8!

It was a cool day to say the least but Royalty came prepared for the elements.

It turned out to be a great experience despite the fact the security going into the building was a bit ridiculous stopping me with a clear plastic bag. I had to go back and hide the bag and carry my paperwork and camera in. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy.

Thanks to USRT, Andrew Kulyk and Peter Farrell I was forewarned about the horrible security in this venue.

It's sad to think that common sense doesn't exist when you go to a live sporting event on any level in this day and age.

In this case, they had young kids giving their customers like myself a hard time.

It's unnecessary and uncalled for. Everything today is overkill especially when it comes to security. The airport is one thing, attending a live sporting event is another.

After I finally got to settle in I was able to enjoy the college atmosphere.

In the end, it turned out to a good time.

Stay tuned as I recap the next leg of the journey as we drove 120 miles to Toledo, Ohio to see a minor league hockey game.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: