Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Today is the One Year Anniversary of my Blog‏

First and foremost, I want to thank all my readers and followers for helping to make this happen.

On February 3, 2010 I finally got this off the ground thanks to my friend from Japan, Sean MacDonald. For more details about Sean please check out his website and blog on my blog list.

Sean gave me the final push I needed. In addition, he guided me along to the current format I've been using each week.

I post my weekly schedule so everybody knows my short term game plan.

Just so you know I plan everything I do well in advance. I have excel sheets that I can e-mail to you if you're interested in seeing my bigger picture.

After each week he suggested that I do a week in review post. I thought that was a great idea and I followed through on it in late May 2010.

Furthermore, I do special posts when I deem it necessary to do so.

For example, when I meet someone I met in the past and we reunite again. Also when I come in contact with new found road trippers.

Furthermore, I do posts on upcoming road trips that I have planned.

I even do write ups on some of my favorite restaurants that I've had the honor and privilege of going to in different places home or away.

Most importantly, I always try to acknowledge everybody whose worthy of a mention as long as they don't mind. Some people prefer not to be included. If that's the case, I respect their wishes.

Thanks to my blog I've come in contact with many people who share a similar interest.

As a result, doorways have opened all over the country and even in other parts of the World.

My blog allows me to track stats which started in May 2010. I had zero page views until July 2010 when all of a sudden I become an attraction.

In July, I wound up getting 1,040 page views. In August and September, I had an unusual spike due to the fact I saw information that leaked the 2011 MLB schedule so I did a special post and my page views took off to almost 3,000 each of those months.

In October, things went back down to around 1,100. The same happened in November and December.

In January, I saw a surge to 1,300.

I plan to keep promoting my blog. I use Facebook, Twitter and word of mouth to do so.

I have advertising through Amazon so if you buy from them I would appreciate it if you would go through my site going forward.

In the near future, I plan to add banners for different sites to help promote others.

I try my best to keep it up to date. I also try to make it educational and entertaining for people to check in on what's new in the life of royalty.

As time goes on, I want the page views to continue to rise. With your help I know this will happen.

I'm a team player. I always go out of my way to help others whenever possible.

Life is short. We all have to play hard and help each other enjoy the ride.

By doing so, life will get better for all of us.

I target people who love sports and traveling. Those are my passions.

My blog has a blog list that I created and it keeps growing.

In matter of fact, I recently added a young man named Paul Derrick. Paul lives in Houston, Texas. I've been in contact back and forth with him the last few weeks. He's an up and coming sports traveler. He was so amazed by me he called me his idol when it comes to sports travel. I was speechless when I saw that on his blog list.

Sean Rowland is another young man who has a site on my blog list that the King and I met at Citi Field over the summer who referred to us as the "pioneers of sports travel."

That's just a few examples. I have a number of people who I stay in contact with thanks to my blog.

In January, I got my first interview on Internet TV in the FDH Lounge with a guy named Rick Morris who I met in Cleveland in November. I think it will be just the start of a growing relationship for many years to come.

Rick is a great guy. He was instantly baffled by the King and I. Our travels literally blew him away.

I plan to continue to go into further detail with Rick in the future when time allows.

My blog allowed me to met a guy named Kurt Smith who started a business recently selling baseball ballpark e-guides to help those with inside tips on how to save money so they can afford to attend a baseball game. He only charges $5.00 for each one. In return, you'll save a bundle. His site is also on my blog list.

In addition, my blog enabled me to meet a guy named Andrew Van Cleve who lives up the block from Wrigley Field in Chicago. His website and blog is on my list as well.

Andrew was so impressed he told a guy named Paul Swaney of Stadium Journey about me. Paul contacted me and we did an interview where I told him how I do what I do. It's on my blog for your viewing pleasure.

His site Stadium Journey has grown leaps and bounds over the last year and a half. It has reviews of all the different venues in all different sports.

I've had the privilege of doing some reviews for him too. I did one for the Staten Island Yankees, the Oregon Ducks and the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes.

If you're a newcomer or a seasoned veteran, a stop at Stadium Journey is a great way to start your adventure. As I say, you should know before you go.

I suggest that you take my advice. I subscribe to the 5P's. In other words, prior planning prevents poor performance.

I look forward to enhancing my blog going forward.

If you have any suggestions or recommendations, please feel free to run them by me.

I'm not a genius. I just work hard at when I love to do in life.

Thank you again for spending your precious time on my blog.

I hope to meet and greet as many of you in the future as possible.

As always, if you need any help when it comes to sports travel you know I'm here for you.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

2 comments:

StadiumJourney said...

Congratulations Gary on your anniversary! With as much travel as you do, it's not easy to consistently maintain the blog the way you do. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the world. Glad that I've met you, and hope to meet you in person one day in the near future...Keep up the fantastic work!

Sean said...

Thanks for the credit Gary, but it's nothing compared to how you've taken the blog and turned it into a great way to follow Royalty Tours.

Congratulations on a successful first year and keep up the good work!