Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Farewell breakfast at Cracker Barrel with Dorothy and Company!

Dot and I 
Dorothy Straney dropped me off at my hotel after we spent an eventful day together with her Mom. I couldn't thank her enough for being so good to me. I had a blast.

She told me her boyfriend Joel who I've met on a few occasions including back in 2008 when he visited NYC for the very first time wanted to see me.

With that being said, I asked Dorothy if she wanted to meet up for breakfast. She said she would that way Joel could see me again. They had plans in the afternoon so it worked out well for all of us.

I suggested going to Cracker Barrel which is one of my favorite places to go for breakfast when I'm on the road since they don't exist here in NYC. Dorothy said we all love that place. That was music to my ears. We arranged to meet up in the morning for a hearty country style breakfast which was not too far from my hotel. Dorothy told me exactly how to get there so it worked out perfectly.

We all indulged in an amazing meal together. We got to chat some more. It was a pleasure to see Joel again. He's a really good guy. His presence made my visit to the Heartland complete.

After we got done eating, I wanted to pick up the tab for the table but Dorothy wouldn't let me. She said you can leave the tip which I did. We had a waitress named Allie who was excellent. I'm not used to getting such first class service. I'm only used to delivering it. She was really great. It was reflected in the generous tip I left her.

Stay tuned for the next installment of this journey. After bidding farewell to Dorothy, Mom and Joel, I went on my way to Kauffman Stadium to see the Royals play before catching my flight home to NYC.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: