Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Royalty meets up with Superfan Chris Coats at Kauffman Stadium!

Superfan Chris Coats and I
I think I jumped the gun in my last post saying my trip to the Heartland was complete.

After having an amazing breakfast, I went to Kauffman Stadium, home of the Kansas City Royals and their Superfan Chris Coats who I saw in May when he came to Yankee Stadium to see the Royals play the Yankees.

Chris is a really good kid. He was all dressed up in his Royal attire which included his cape. I was thrilled to be able to watch most of the game with him. We got to catch up on things. He said he was hoping to go to Florida to see the Marlins for their last series of the season. I hope he gets there. He goes to all the Royal home games as well as a number of their road games. With that being said, he obviously enjoys being punished. In other words, he's a true fan. Good for him.

Unfortunately I had to catch a flight at 6:15PM so I couldn't possibly stay to the end of this drawn out game. Thankfully Shelley Duncan of the Cleveland Indians hit two home runs including his second one with two outs in the eighth to extend the Indians lead from 7-3 to 9-3. I needed to leave but I knew he was coming up so I said to myself I have to watch him bat. He made me look good as he blasted another home run. With that, I left the ballpark. The Royals added three runs in the ninth inning but they fell short, 9-6.

I got back to the car and I went to get something to eat at Hi Boy Drive In which is a place Dorothy recommended. I went there last year when we visited. So I wisely took her advice and I got a double cheeseburger with onion rings and a vanilla shake.

I proceeded to drive 30 miles to the airport. I dropped off my car rental and I went to the airport and I ate my food. I wound up with just enough time so I didn't have to break a sweat trying to catch my flight home on Frontier Airlines.

I got back home in one piece and with that another successful getaway was in the books.

Stay tuned as I do my w/o 9/5 in review. In addition, I'll be doing some other special posts as well. Please bear with me as I continue to play catch up.

As always, thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: