Royalty Tours USA

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Royalty visits Principal Park in Des Moines, Iowa with up and coming roadtripper!

Prince and Tige
After I had dinner at The Machine Shed with Tige Hutcheson who writes for the website Stadium Journey, we went to Downtown Des Moines to see the Iowa Cubs host the Omaha Storm Chasers in a minor league baseball game.

For all the details about the ballpark experience please see the link below. Tige did a great review that covers all the bases.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/principal-park-s230/

As for the game we saw, it was a seesaw battle as the hometown Iowa Cubs were playing out the string and the visiting Omaha Storm Chasers were preparing for the playoffs.

The Storm Chasers took an early 4-0 lead. The Baby Cubbies came back to take a 5-4 lead after 4 innings. In the top of the fifth inning, the Storm Chasers went back ahead, 6-5. Then in the seventh inning they put up a crooked number as they posted a nine spot to break this game open. That's how it ended as the Storm Chasers won, 15-5.

Regardless of the outcome, it was an entertaining and fun night at the ballpark.

I want to personally thank Tige for joining me and making my first visit to Principal Park a very memorable one.

Stay tuned as I relive my return to the Heartland. I have plenty more to write so please bear with me as I attempt to play catch up.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: