Royalty Tours USA

Friday, November 23, 2012

Royalty w/o 11/12 in review

View from Section 230 at Barclays Center
Monday morning I went to Avis to return the Lincoln Town car I rented for the weekend before I went to work. I drove 455 miles safely.

After work I came home to rest and recharge the batteries and I watched Monday Night Football as the Steelers squeaked past the lowly Chiefs, 16-13 in overtime.

Tuesday night after work I went to downtown Brooklyn to see the Nets take on the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Barclays Center. Before I went inside I went to the Atlantic Center Mall across the street to have dinner at McDonald's.

After I ate, I went into the Barclays Center. I wound up meeting up with the King and our pals Vincent Ascanio and Al Linderman who were there. We enjoyed each others company.

As for the game we saw, the Nets and the Cavaliers kept it close early. The Cavaliers lead, 30-29 after the first quarter. In the second quarter, the Nets turned it up a notch as they pulled away from the Cavaliers. The Nets lead, 64-42 at halftime. After the third quarter, the Cavaliers sliced the Nets lead down to ten, 85-75. In the fourth quarter, the Nets maintained their double digit lead as they went on to beat the Cavaliers, 114-101.

The big three of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez accounted for 74 points to pace the Nets to victory.

As for the Cavaliers, they got production from two players, Anderson Varejao who finished with 35 points and he grabbed 18 rebounds and Kyrie Irving, the second year guard, poured in 34 points and he handed out 8 assists in the losing effort.

Wednesday night I came after work and I relaxed. I needed to prepare for my big weekend getaway.
Thursday night after work I went back to the Barclays Center to see the Nets host the Boston Celtics. I stopped off at Subway for dinner in the Atlantic Center Mall first. I met up with the King and our friend Phil Butleman at the game.

As for the game we saw, the Celtics played without their star guard Rajon Rondo who got hurt the night before. The Nets took a 31-26 lead after the first quarter. In the second quarter, they extended their lead to nine at halftime, 59-50. In the third quarter, the Celtics outplayed the Nets badly as they went ahead after three, 79-74. In the fourth quarter, the Nets came back and they beat the Celtics, 102-97 much to the delight of the sold out crowd at the Barclays Center.

Once again the big three lead the way. This time Deron Williams scored 24 points and he dished out 8 assists. Brook Lopez had 24 points and Joe Johnson added 19 points and he pulled down 8 rebounds. In addition, Kris Humphries had 10 points and he ripped down 13 rebounds to help the cause.

As for the Celtics, they were led by Paul Pierce who scored 22 points while Kevin Garnett was limited to only 14 points in the losing performance.

Stay tuned as I'm going to do some special posts that will recap my latest getaway to Memphis, Columbia and St. Louis, Missouri over the weekend.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman














No comments: