Royalty Tours USA

Monday, September 16, 2013

Royalty returns to NYC after spending a week on the West Coast in August!

After the King, Duck & I came back from the West Coast on Sunday August 18th, we all went in different directions. Duck went home to rest up & relax. As for the King and I, I will go into further detail as you read on.

I returned the car rental Saturday night to the San Francisco airport around 10PM Pacific Time which meant it was 1AM Eastern Time on Sunday. We then took a redeye flight back to LaGuardia airport after a layover in Chicago O'Hare. I wound up having breakfast at McDonald's at the airport since we had some time to kill. We finally arrived back in NYC around 9:30AM. Shortly thereafter, I got a voice mail from American Airlines that said I needed to go to customer service by the baggage claim area. That turned out to be a blessing in disguise for me. I went there and they told me my bag got lost in Chicago. For that matter, so did the King's. Duck passed up the opportunity to check his bag with us. It worked out well for him that he didn't. The King & I normally don't check our bags but since we have credit cards with American Airlines, the bag fee is waived so we didn't have to pay. We may want to reconsider next time. Since we were taking public transportation back home, I didn't get too bend out of shape. After all, it was only my dirty laundry LOL. I had everything else I needed with me. More importantly, I was weighed down enough. In that regard, I truly felt blessed that it was missing.

After we had a short discussion, we were given instructions about how we can get our bags back. We then proceeded to take a few buses to get back home. I was really exhausted so when I got home at 11AM, I laid down for an hour. When I got up I took a shower. I got ready & I left the house so I could take the subway to Lower Manhattan. I planned to catch a 2:30PM boat to Staten Island where I went to see the Staten Island Yankees play the Tri City Valley Cats at Richmond County Ballpark at St. George. The game was starting at 4PM. It worked out well as I got there with plenty of time to spare. I started looking around for a ticket when I saw my pal Rich Wolber aka Staten Island Rich who came along with an extra ticket for me. We shook hands and we spoke briefly before we headed inside the ballpark. He asked where the King was. I told him he decided to go to Brooklyn to see the Cyclones who were also home at 5PM that night. I prefer going to Staten Island and I thought I would get home earlier by doing so. More importantly, I got to take five different modes of transportation that day. That was a new personal record. Back on November 25, 2007, the King & I flew back from Dallas, Texas over Thanksgiving weekend. We took four different modes of transportation that day to get to Giants Stadium just in time for the Giants/Vikings game that Sunday afternoon. As a result, I found a new twist for my craziness. Now I'm finally writing about it.

As for the game I saw, the Staten Island Yankees wound up beating the visiting Valley Cats, 3-2 in 11 innings on a game winning home run by Eric Jagielo. With that being said, I wound up taking the 8PM boat back instead of the 7PM one that I was hoping to make. Tired and all I decided to stick out the game until it was decided.

When I finally got home that night, I barely beat the King back to the house.

What a way to wrap up an amazing week of traveling on the road and when I got back home.

Stay tuned for my week in reviews from the w/o 8/19, 8/26, 9/2 & 9/9. I plan to catch up eventually. Please bear with me.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: