Royalty Tours USA

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Royalty sees the Jets play the Steelers at MetLife Stadium!

After I came back to NYC bright & early on Megabus Sunday morning October 13th, I still found a way to have enough energy to go to MetLife Stadium to see the Jets play the Steelers that afternoon.
I got home 7:30AM. I barely slept on the bus because it was hard to get comfortable. I tried to laid down for a little while when I got home. I tossed & turned most of the time. I got up & I went out to meet my pal Larry Peim in Midtown Manhattan who drove me out to the Meadowlands since he had a parking pass that day.

After we parked the car in the lot, I wound up meeting my friend Rich Wolber at the MetLife Central gate who like me needed a ticket for the game. Larry had a ticket already so he went inside. I wound up getting two tickets for $35 each. I decided to stay downstairs with Rich who likes to sit or stand in section 146 which is in the corner of the end zone. It's under the overhang which protects you from the sun & the wind. In addition, you can turn around & see the replays as well as the highlights from other games there.

Prince at MetLife Stadium for Jets & Steelers
As for the game we saw, there were a good number of Steeler fans in attendance despite their awful 0-4 start. The Jets & rookie quarterback Geno Smith had a rough day. Geno threw two interceptions in the red zone that killed a few drives. The Jets managed to hang around at halftime as they trailed, 9-6. In the second half, the Steelers turned it up a notch as they got big games from their receivers Antonio Brown & Emmanuel Sanders as well as tight end Heath Miller as they went on to beat the Jets, 19-6. The Steelers' defense shut down the Jets' offense all day.

After the game, I met Larry at the car & he drove me back to Manhattan. He asked me if I wanted to go out for dinner but I said no because I was exhausted. I wound up going home & I made myself dinner.

I wound up watching ALCS Game 2 on TV for seven innings. The Tigers were ahead when I shut it off. When I got up Monday morning I found out they blew the game as the Red Sox evened the series at one.

Stay tuned for a special post that will recap the great weekend I enjoyed after having nights off after work during the week.

Thank you for reading & following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: